Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ June 21st Edition

I am always amazed at how busy life seems to get and wish I were better at taking time to think and read and play with my kids and really communicate with other people and my Heavenly Father. I was intrigued by a link to The Simple Woman's DayBook, I've included the link below.


Outside my window...it is dark, but I'm enjoying the cool night breeze.
I am thinking...of how all the things I have to do tomorrow.
I am thankful for...my husband and my children ~ they are my life.
From the kitchen...I see a small flower pot. I love having flowers around the house (even if they aren't real!)
I am wearing...a black and white top and black dress bottoms - probably my most comfortable outfit.
I am creating...math pages for the kids for tomorrow.
I am going...to end my day reading The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.
I am reading...several books of very different genres. From the above, to Jane Austen (Northanger Abbey) to Dean Koontz's Forever Odd. Very interesting combination.
I am hoping...I can be more soft-spoken.
I am hearing...My kids' bedroom fan.
Around the house...all is quiet, except for the above-mentioned fan.
One of my favorite things...is a quiet house at the end of the day, when all the kids are in the beds with a good book. That's very comforting to me.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Try to keep up with our schedule without running myself ragged.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...











I love when my kids are lost in thought...I often wonder what memories they will take with them into adulthood.


1 comment:

The State of Our Family said...

It was so fun to see that you have updated your blog again. I love reading blogs and seeing my friend's kids grow and learn. What a gift technology can be. :)