Friday, March 14, 2008

Ellie's 3!

We have this tradition in our family, dating back to my childhood, of being awoken to a sleepy rendition of Happy Birthday. Then we were presented with a single wrapped gift, our favorite (sugar) cereal. That was the only time all year we were allowed to have sugar cereal, so birthday mornings were quite a treat. My favorite was (and still is) Honeycombs. My birthday just isn't the same without it. Ellie has decided her favorite is Fruit Loops. This is her 3rd year opening her little box and watching her get so excited makes me so grateful my mom made such a point to create little traditions like this. (I have to say, however, that I have tweaked it slightly over the years. We buy the small, individual boxes so there are no leftovers! This way, the other kids also get to choose from what is left in the packet of cereals, so it's fun for them, too!)
Happy Birthday, Darling!

1 comment:

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

Happy birthday, Ellie! She looks like a little lady in this picture. That is such a fun tradition! My kids had fruit loops today, but there was no special occasion. oops.
By the way, we're going to have a party for Kate and Danny at the gymnastics place here in Loomis on April 12 at 4:30. If you guys are around it would be great fun. I'm working on putting together some invitations.