Thursday, January 24, 2008

Winter Wonderland








We had the best day with our friends, Matt & Christy, enjoying the wintery outdoors. We drove about an hour east and found the perfect spot. (Thanks, Matt!) I couldn't believe how brave the kids were. Both Ben and Lauryn are my nervous Nellies, so I was pretty amazed they took to it so quickly. They literally sledded a good hour and a half, taking only the necessary snack/hot chocolate breaks here and there. And when the adults were too tired/sore/cold, they found new paths on the other side of our hill. Even after several nasty spills, they kept on going. It really was a perfect day. Feel free to visit our family website for more pics and some video!

What better way to spend a Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday! Actually, I felt a tad guilty that we hadn't made mention of the purpose for the holiday (though they're very thorough at school), so on the trip home, I mentioned how grateful I was to have spent the day with my family and how blessed we are to be free - thanks to so many before us who had to fight to pave the way so that everyone could enjoy freedom. Reveling in my eloquence, I was interupted by Lauryn's insightful comment, "Yeah, we already talked about that." Thanks, Mom!

1 comment:

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

Looks like you guys really know how to have fun in the snow. Looks like such a blast! I liked the story of your inspiring lecture, and Lauren's comment.